IDkollen provides a JSON/REST API for authenticating and signing with BankID.
The API is only accessible with SSL and a unique key provided by IDkollen. The key is private and should not be shared with a third party. The API should only be called from a server application, not directly from the client.
When signing up you will receive API keys for IDKollens staging and live environment.
|Environment||URL||Callback IP||BankID environment|
- The user initiates an authentication via the partner's interface.
- The partner calls IDkollen's API with the secret key to get the login link to BankID (DK).
- The partner sends the login link to the end user to use to authenticate themselves with.
- Once the end user has authenticated themselves, the user will be redirected to a redirect URL provided to IDkollen by you, with a one time code.
- The partner uses the one time code to verify the end user's credentials with IDkollen.
- IDkollen will respond with the end user's credentials.
There's an option to use what's called a "refID" in the flow that's presented in this documentation. "refID" is a string reference that can be used the keep track of meta information. To make this option available, please contact our support.
To create a test user, use the MitID Test Tool at: https://pp.mitid.dk/test-tool/frontend/#/create-identity
To initiate requests to the API a secret key is needed. To request a secret key, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com