From May 1 2024 it will no longer be possible to initiate an auth or sign request using SSN. Only animated QR-code or autostart on same device will be allowed due to new BankID requirements. https://www.bankid.com/en/foretag/secure-start.
API V2 will remain operational but requires the use of autostart or animated QR.
IDkollen API V3 will be released on January 1 2024. API V3 will support new functionality from BankID. We strongly recommend that you use API V3 for new implementations or migrate existing implementations.
IDkollen provides a JSON/REST API for authenticating and signing with BankID.
The API is only accessible with SSL and a unique key provided by IDkollen. The key is private and should not be shared with a third party. The API should only be called from a server application, not directly from the client.
When signing up you will receive API keys for IDKollens staging and live environment.
|Environment||URL||Callback IP||BankID environment|
- The user initiates an authentication via the partner's interface.
- The partner calls IDkollen's API with the secret key to get to initiate an authentication.
- IDkollen sends response to partner with information about the initiated authentication.
- The answer from IDkollen is displayed to the user by the partner.
- The user identifies him- or herself with BankID.
- IDkollen sends the result to the partners callback endpoint.
Staging environment (test)
Please note that the Staging environment only works with Test BankID: https://www.bankid.com/en/utvecklare/test/skaffa-testbankid/test-bankid-get
If you'd prefer not to supply the callbackUrl in the Authentication request, you can supply us with a callbackUrl that the responses from us will default to. To do so, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To initiate requests to the API a secret key is needed. To request a secret key, contact email@example.com.
For more information about error messages and how the BankID API works in general, please refer to the BankID Relying Party Guidelines.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org